Brightlands Materials Center, an independent Research & Development Center in the field of polymeric materials based in Geleen, The Netherlands, will demonstrate its innovations and support possibilities to the composite industry at JEC World 2020 from 12 to 14 May in Paris.
Brightlands Materials Center recently enhanced its capabilities for processing and testing of thermoplastic composites. The program Lightweight Automotive expanded its laboratory at a new location at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen, The Netherlands. The new experimental facilities support the main goals of the program: Solutions for predictable life-time, optimal processing and valuable recycling of thermoplastic composites. The laboratory also supports validation of modelling tools as well as development of advanced technologies that enable the use of these materials in lightweight applications.
Brightlands Materials Center is present at the NL pavilion (Hall 5, E80/82) by showing its capabilities in the field of:
- Thermoplastic composite material and processing technologies: a.o. over-moulding, (renewable) fiber and polymers
- Durability prediction through multi-scale, multi-physics modelling, development of test methodologies for adhesion and interface behaviour
- Thermo-mechanical recycling, material design and development for recycling for re-use in high-end applications
- Additive Manufacturing of thermoplastic composites with short and continuous fibers
- Monitoring of structural information and integrity in 3D printed components by means of embedded sensing with continuous carbon fibers composite
In collaboration with Brightlands Materials Center, ENGEL, producer of plastic processing machines, demonstrates the production of continuous fiber-reinforced polyamide (PA) components on a tie-bar-less ENGEL victory 200/50 injection moulding machine equipped with an ENGEL viper 12 linear robot for handling preforms and finished parts, and a double-sided, vertical ENGEL IR oven (Hall 5). The set-up of this machine was specifically developed for Brightlands Materials Center, who provides the machine as well as a dedicated sample demonstrator mould for the JEC World 2020, to showcase possibilities in over-moulding organo-sheets and tapes on this equipment. An advantage is the flexibility and capability to process a wide variety of polymeric materials of which demonstrators are shown at Brightlands Materials Center’s booth.
Click here for more information about JEC World 2020.