Contribute to the transition to lightweight circular materials. Envision it. Become Project Manager BMC at TNO in Geleen.
Read more below!
PROJECT MANAGER SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY BMC | GELEEN
Interested? Apply now via TNO.
Brightlands Materials Center (BMC) in Geleen, a cooperation of the Province of Limburg and TNO established in March 2015, performs programmatic industrial application driven research in the field of polymeric materials that will provide solutions for the societal challenges of tomorrow. Its meeting place is the Brightlands Chemelot Campus, with a global network of leading companies along the value chain and renowned universities and institutes. See also www.brightlandsmaterialscenter.com.
The research laboratory facilities at Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen are growing, as well as the group of involved researchers that work together with a variety of industrial partners and actors from the knowledge infrastructure, including other research organizations and universities. The work is typically contained in multi-year and multi-client research and technological development projects, including those within the context of the European Framework Programs. The Materials Solutions department from TNO is the linking pin between Brightlands Materials Center and the TNO organization and employs the majority of the professional research staff. The department has a strong track record in the development of coatings, nanomaterials and polymeric modifications and functionalization.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR ROLE?
As Project Manager you are responsible for a portfolio of large and small projects, focusing on applied research in the field of thermoplastic composites, including the innovative processing (additive manufacturing) and recycling of these materials. Frequently, these projects are funded by the European Union (Horizon Europe, React-EU or EFRO) or the Dutch Government (NWO, NGF) and consist of consortia of industrial and academic partners. In addition, the project portfolio includes industrially funded applied research projects. You work with a team of professionals for various international customers and partners.
You will be responsible for the initiation, definition, execution and reporting of such projects in close collaboration with other project partners. You will make sure that the goals and the activities of the projects fit well with the overall goals of the BMC program by close interaction with the Program Manager Sustainable Mobility. You will be responsible for managing the budget, timing and quality of the deliverables of the projects, in close collaboration with the lead scientist(s) in the project team. You will guide the project teams, help to define customer contracts with budget calculations, and maintain good customer relations with the clients during and after the projects.
In addition, you will play a role in the project portfolio management of the BMC research program Sustainable Mobility, i.e. keeping track of the overall finances of the program, organizing periodic reporting regarding the program to various stakeholders, and capacity planning for the team.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- University (MSc) degree in e.g. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or alike;
- At least 3 years of experience as project leader/manager in the industry (applied R&D / innovation or related), related to the field of (polymeric) materials or polymer based composites;
- Proven experience in project management, e.g. IPMA C or comparable;
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively as a member of international teams, able to lead, motivate and coach team members;
- Able to write project proposals and collaborate with legal & IP staff;
- Well organized, able to structure projects within given constraints, result driven;
- Convincing communication skills, good understanding of customer needs;
- Fluency in both Dutch and English, written and verbal, is a must;
- Willingness and ability to be present at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus at least 2 working days per week.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO AS AN EMPLOYER:
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Please apply before 8 August 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
HAS THIS JOB OPENING SPARKED YOUR INTEREST?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Jan Pieter Maurice
Phone number: 08886 65764
Our application proces
You can apply via the job application button under the vacancy text. You will then be directed to the TNO web page where you can fill in the application form. You will receive an email to confirm receipt of your job application. Applications for scientific positions will be examined by scientific group leaders, application for business development will be examined by business people.
If you have applied for a position and you are invited for an interview, then we will organize a day program for you. During this day you will speak with different people, you will give a presentation about your recent work or final dissertation and you will receive a guided tour of the laboratories. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed. Within several days of your visit you will hear whether you have been offered a job.